The PocketWizard Plus IV Transceiver is an advanced radio-signal strobe trigger and update to the immensely popular Plus III. Key features include:
- Top Shoe. At long last, the Plus-series PocketWizards have a pass-thru hotshoe for mounting a flash directly without wires. While this is limited to manual triggering (ie. no TTL) for remote flashes, this is still great news for anyone who’s ever had to deal with rubber banding PWs and cables to a flash.
- On-Camera TTL Pass-Thru. Need an on-camera flash as well? Not only are you covered, but the Plus IV supports TTL pass-thru with many Mfr flashes when used on-camera. However, do note Sony Multi-Interface cameras and flashes are not TTL supported (manual triggering supported).
- Quad-Zone Triggering. Remote flashes can be activated / deactivated independently in four controllable zones.
- Minimal Interference. With a total of 32 channels, 16 of which are Quad-Zone, the Plus IV has plenty of options for shooting in crowded airwaves. Utilizing a radio signal, the Plus IV is not limited to line-of-sight to work. Basically, if you’re with range (based on environment, up to 1600ft in perfect conditions) it’ll work.
- Auto-Sensing Transceiver. Automatically swaps between Tx and Rx as needed. There’s also the option to manually choose Tx or Rx for complicated setups.
- Multiple Modes. Like its predecessor, the Plus IV offers many of the same feature modes. Auto-Relay enables remote cameras and flashes to be triggered in tandem, Repeater lets you reach even further distances when using an extra Plus IV, and High Speed Receive expands the normal 12fps maximum frame rate to up to 14.5fps.
- Simple User Interface. Channels, Zones, and Modes are all easily managed from the back panel that includes a 1" LCD screen with soft-touch buttons.
- Sync Input. Sometimes you need to trigger more than just hotshoe flashes. The Plus IV has a 1/8" mini input for connecting a sync cable. We include a 1/8" to 1/8" sync cable for triggering any of our studio strobes. However, you’ll want to make sure you have the needed cables required for your personal equipment. We rent additional sync cables here.
- PocketWizard Compatible. The Plus IV is compatible with any previous generation PW, as well as PW-enabled strobe units.
- You Need More Than One. This product includes (1) Plus IV Transceiver. In order to trigger anything, you’ll need at least two. If you rent a single PW for your 4-light setup, you won’t be using any lights on your shoot.
- Batteries Not Included. The Plus IV is powered by (2) AA-batteries. We do not include these.
- TTL Pass-Thru Support. As mentioned above, pass-thru TTL does not support Sony Multi-Interface cameras and flashes. PocketWizard does not provide a full list of incompatible flashes. Instead, they list “most Canon, Nikon, Fuji, Panasonic, and Olympus speedlights and cameras” as being compatible.
- Phantom-Powered Flashes Not Compatible. Do not use any flash that is normally powered via camera (for example: Olympus / Panasonic accessory flashes). If the flash doesn’t have a power source, don’t mount it on the PW Plus IV. Not only will this damage the Plus IV and flash, there is risk of fire.
- Sync Cables. Just so we’re clear: our website is very advanced but does not have a mind reading feature. We have no idea how you are going to hook up your pocket wizards, what other equipment your are using them with, or what type of cables you may already have. We will send whichever cables and Pocket Wizards you order, or don’t order. If you meant to order it but didn’t, thought it came with the equipment (it doesn’t), or assumed we knew what you would need (we don’t) you will be using very high ISO on your shoot and we will not be able to refund you money.