The Redrock microMatteBox 2-Stage Clamp-On is a matte box designed to attach directly to a lens rather than rod support system. Key features include:
- Clamp-On Alternative. This 2-Stage Clamp-On matte box is our Redrock microMatteBox Deluxe that has been converted from 15mm swing-away to a clamp-on version. Included with the rental is the 114mm adapter ring which enables the matte box to be attached to a wide range of cinema lenses such as Zeiss CP.2s, Canon CN-E primes, etc.
- Dual-Purpose 360° Rotatable Filter Stages. Being converted from the Deluxe version, our 2-Stage Clamp-On features two rotating filter stages with 4×5.65 filter holders, giving you flexibility when using circular polarizing or split ND filters. There’s separate locking knobs for filter position and filter rotation, with the trays being metal construction with spring-loaded locks.
- Flags. The top French flag and two side flags are included for controlling lens flare and light spillage. All of these are simple to attach / remove via thumbscrew, so no additional tool is required.
- This Is Heavy. If you’re using a DSLR, this is not the matte box for you. Honestly, we don’t recommend this for use on any camera / lens combo other than PL. If you’re using another mount, you’ll definitely want to use a lens support.
- Matte Box Only. This does not include any accessories such as support rods, baseplates, or filters.
- Filter Trays. This matte box ships with 4×4.5″ filter trays. 4×4 filters may by mounted in the center of these trays, but light will leak from the sides. The wider the lens, the more light will leak.
- Vignetting. Full Frame focal lengths below 20mm will experience vignetting.