The X-Rite ColorChecker Passport Photo is a color calibration tool designed to help simplify your photography and videography workflow. Key features include:
- Multiple Targets. In one case the X-Rite Passport gives you a white balance target, a 24 patch color target, and a creative enhancement target.
- White Balance Target. The ColorChecker white balance target provides a flat, neutral reference point that helps eliminate color cast, improve reliability of your camera’s histogram, and speed up post production by removing the need to balance photos individually.
- Classic Target. A 24 patch classic color target works as a visual reference to show changes to color in the edit process. Can also used to help match across multiple cameras and lenses.
- Creative Target. The Passport’s creative target offers a wide variety of options including the ability to adjust highlight and shadow detail with gray scale patches, use as reference for color management and adjustment across hue, saturation, and lightness, and patches to add warmth or coolness to images.
- Software Support. The X-Rite ColorChecker Passport can create DNG profiles using the Passport Camera Calibration App as well as support for Adobe Lightroom via plug-in. On the video side, the Passport can interface with DaVinci Resolve to help provide accurate colors for a strong base to work from while colograding.
Please Note: We do not send any software with the ColorChecker. However, check the resources tab for links to free downloads from X-Rite.