The RED Weapon will feel familiar. Nothing’s changed really, but everything’s changed. Under the hood you’ll find the the powerful RED Dragon sensor first introduced in the RED Epic and Scarlet, but with a fully redesigned Brain construction, RED introduces a host of new key features including:
- More Bandwith, More Formats. With an integrated Mini-Mag Media Bay, a whole new world of speeds and formats have opened up. Record 6K R3D Raw at up to 100 FPS, 2K ProRes proxy files for a faster trip through post, and work in a 2:1 4K compression format to maintain the utmost image and color information possible.
- More Mobile Modularity. Onboard wireless connectivity means that you can control the Weapon remotely from an iOS or Android mobile device.
- More Simplicity. The Weapon’s new design adds the small details that make working with it easier and more intuitive. Built-in stereo mics help capture scratch and environmental audio, while a built-in speaker allows for playback. To help alleviate your rig from Medusa-like cables running everywhere, RED has utilized pogo connections scattered across the brain.
- A More Powerful Dragon. RED’s Dragon sensor gets a new lease on life thanks to the support of the Weapon’s redesigned Brain. Low light performance has improved over the previous models and there is now support for automatic black shade calibrations.
- More Versatility. Weapon features the new intelligent OLPF system. This means that you can optimize your footage for your environment by swapping out the optical low pass filter. We send the DSMC2 Standard OLPF installed for balanced shooting, but we also rent the Skin Tone-Highlight and Low Light Optimized OLPFs as add-ons.
- Semi-Backwards Compatible. A fully redesigned brain also means support for some components / accessories has been dropped. Any RED component labeled DSMC2 is fully compatible, and we include the DSMC2 Lemo A Adapter to retain compatibility with original DSMC Touch LCD monitors. Past that, you’ll need to check our handy guide (coming soon) for answers.
- Please note that a certificate of insurance, LensCap+, or a deposit is required to rent this item.
- REDMAG SSDs are not compatible with the Weapon.
To operate the camera you will need, at a minimum, the following items: